I'm a bit late posting the weekly update. We had a lot of great posts from the community over on our Facebook page.
The Maroondah Environment Advisory Committee has been established to inform and advise Council on environmental and sustainability issues and Council’s role in improving the environment in Maroondah. This includes the effective implementation and review of the Maroondah Sustainability Strategy 2009 and related strategies and actions. For more information, the Maroondah Council website
In the Media
- Watch Neil deGrasse Tyson explain the difference between Climate Change and Today's Weather
- Adani's coal mine will cause the price of coal to drop. Read the article on the ABC
- Coffee pods don't have to be an environmental disaster. Crema Joe's SealPod is a reusable pod that's compatible with Nespresso. See the video on Facebook for more information
- Chris Boardman's visit to Utrecht shows how a city can make cycling a part of it's culture. Watch the video on Facebook
- These delicious edible spoons are proof that we can create a plastic-free world. Watch the video on Facebook
- Think twice before your buy bottled water
- Germany generates 85% of its power from renewables. See EcoWatch for more information
- Sweden’s recycling is so revolutionary the country has run out of rubbish. Read more on the Independent
- Waste may one day be our most precious resource
- Sign the petition to protect's Victoria's LEadbeater possum population from logging.